Artist/Designer: Edward Buehler Delk
The simple form of this fountain is rich in meaning. It was dedicated in 1942 to those who had served in WWI. The 18′ limestone obelisk in its center has metal stars affixed to three of its four sides: gold, symbolizing those who died in the war; blue, symbolizing those who were wounded; and white, representing those who returned uninjured. The War Mother’s insignia was placed on the fourth side.